Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Turweston EGBT

I must give high praise to Turweston airfield. The new tower/restaurant building is top class. Great views of the airfield and lake are available from the restaurant due to the abundance of glass. Good food at reasonable prices. The place sets the bar very high for other UK GA airfields.

Propman
Nuthampstead , United Kingdom

Yep I agree 100% and am there quite a bit. Great location and facilities but mostly a really welcoming and helpful team happy to work with GA aircraft of all shapes and sizes.

EGTK Oxford

LAA headquarters are there – it would be really disappointing if they didn’t give top class service for GA since such a prominent GA organization is based there!

Andreas IOM

alioth wrote:

LAA headquarters are there – it would be really disappointing if they didn’t give top class service for GA since such a prominent GA organization is based there!

Well yes, but the UK GA scene can disappoint.

EGTK Oxford

I agree with the OP!

I recently got checked out at the Turweston club and will start flying their PA28s around the UK to bring my hours and eventually do CPL/IR.

If anyone here is based at Turweston do please feel free to contact me via PM! It could be nice to share flights with somebody else, have a copilot etc.

Turweston has a lovely café with a very nice view. The only “problem” with it is, it is slightly expensive in my opinion (you pay for the view I guess) and it closes very early (at 3pm, 4pm in the summer I think). The Wellesbourne café, while not having such a great view, has better value food in my opinion (a good large English breakfast for 6 pounds, cup of tea for 1 pound etc.) and is open until 5 or 6pm.

EDDW, Germany

I am based at Turweston and the food is worth its price. There is a difference between cheapest and best value which most of my fellow Britons seem to fail to appreciate, including those running the country. .

strip near EGGW
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message