Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oleron LFDP

Any info on this aerodrome? It is easy to move around the island? Posibility to rent car o bike from the aerodrome? Hints about where to stay?
Thanks!

LECU - Madrid, Spain

My last visit is now many years ago, but still (I hope to finally return in July):

A wonderful relaxed airfield on a beautiful island. No customs/immigration. No ATS of course, so few traffic calls in French won’t do any bad.

I remember the grass was near perfect. There is no landing fee, but donations are welcome. They do have 100LL, but a) they sometimes just run out and b) the machine takes only the TOTAL, so if you don’t have one, you would need to arrange with somebody local. Remember the airfield is not normally manned.

Re rental cars: yes, in theory you can have a car dellivered at the airfield (there is a Europcar office very nearby. But forget it on a Sunday. I think they do have rental bikes at the airfield.

In summer, there is some kind of food truck on site, AFAIK.

Great seafood everywhere on the island. Avoid the month of August. It will be totally crowded, and almost impossible to fond accomodation at short notice.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 28 Jun 12:32
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of going tomorrow maybe, but having only one night I’ve decided to go to Toulouse instead. But I will keep Oleron in mind, maybe for september. Thanks again.

LECU - Madrid, Spain

I was in holidays in Oleron in May and visited the field.
The whole island can be visited on a bike. Main town is 10 minutes from the airfield n bike and the aeroclub rents bikes
Very pleasant especially off season.
All in all, a great flying getaway !

Some pictures of the field :

First time I saw a welcome sign with practical info for visiting pilots.

Some pictures of the island in general :

LFOU, France

Agree. Sorry for repeating myself, but the airfield ich such a gem. Beautiful and a great self-serve setup. Flying doesn‘t get much better than that.

Also, the seafood on the island, for example in La Cotinière, is fantastic.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 22 Jun 11:40
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Finally I visited in July. I agree with you, it’s a really nice aerodrome, with friendly people. I did not have the time to visit the island, but I will try to come back this year and spend two or three days there.

LECU - Madrid, Spain
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message