Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Italy to Crete, through Croatia 2-10 June 2018

I want to thank Euroga, particularly Peter, for a nice trip made after many information gathered here.

In June a PA28 left Parma LIMP for Dubrovnik LDDU / Ioannina LGIO / Heraklion LGIR / Naxos LGNX / Ioannina LGIO / Brac LDSB / Parma LIMP.

The Greek part was amazing, I want to thank Petakas for many suggestions and useful information

Regards
Francesco

Italy

Great !

LGMG Megara, Greece

Many thanks for your post, Fravola. Greece is always a great experience

It would be good to hear more on LGIO and how well it works, because after the de facto loss of Corfu and Samos that is the currently recommended port of entry with avgas, for Greece.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It would be nice to get info on current fees at LGIO including immigration & customs (which surprised me) and (non-existing but charged) handling.

Last Edited by Emir at 21 Jul 19:34
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We landed in a big airport, only us and a mooney with just the Swiss pilot at that time, so plenty of free space for parking.

The old building was far from the plane and it took 10 min walking under the sun, the agent was walking with us to the terminal, no vehicles at all.

I paid by credit card, AIR BP Ioannina LGIO, it was 3,02 euros/l. I had to move the plane to the avgas station which is a little trail.

Four people in a PA28 for a techincal stop about 2 h, with the AOPA crew card, Skyserv charged me 91 euros.

Maybe someone could be interest in Heraklion LGIR, AIR BP was 3,20 euros/l. The Goldair fees with the AOPA discount were 193,82 euros for 5 nights.

The surprise was in the tiny airport of Naxos LGNX, where they charged us 36,90 euros for an overnight parking, and of course they don’t have AVGAS.

I hope it can help

Last Edited by Fravola at 28 Jul 07:07
Italy

Fravola wrote:

The surprise was in the tiny airport of Naxos LGNX, where they charged us 36,90 euros for an overnight parking,

The charge is the 12.5 euro per passenger I guess. This is not from Naxos.
This is a passenger fee, you had 3 of them, (airport development fee they call it) paid everywhere Greece, even embedded in airline tickets.
The charge is mentioned on www.aopa.gr/Info paragraph 23.b

LGMG Megara, Greece

Any idea about charging in Skiathos ?

Italy

200~500 Euro total (airport & handling) depending on many variables like days of stay, services provided by handler, number passengers and so on and all this provided FRAPORT gives you a PPR to park there the dates you need.
All you need to read is www.aopa.gr/Info
Its long but it has all the latest info.

LGMG Megara, Greece
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message