Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ouessant (aka Ushant) LFEC

I’m keen, but VFR only. French wikipedia has population 842 in 2016: even a small fly-in would make a difference to the census

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Ouessant is like any other French village.
They have less and less permanent residents.

And they are even more upset that more and more new holiday homes are built on the island, from « continental » people coming for the weekend of the summer.

My dream would be to have a home there and fly on Friday evening IFR, straight from LFPT (284nm) And be back on Sunday.

Edit : glad to join a fly-in, but needs to be planned. I should be in the area in late August, by car or GA I don’t know.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 28 Feb 16:58
LFOU, France

Any interest in May 2019?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We are up for it, but you could do with a couple of bikes to get around the island, bit like Isle d’Yeu in that respect.

I would be available from Friday 28 to Sunday 30 June to fly to Ouessant. Or somewhere else if weather dictates.

LFOU, France

Peter and I are going to Ouessant on June 28 (next Friday), returning the next day.
If anyone is interested, there are still hotel rooms available.

We will enjoy some cool and windy air

LFOU, France

Rwy20 wrote:

So I would say, at least learn to say the numbers of the runways that you can expect in French before heading to a FR only field.

THIS^^

I have a crib sheet with the numbers and a few essential phrases to revise in-flight, which has served me well since my first experience flying into a small FR only airfield, where someone I couldn’t see called “final” as I was turning final – I fled the circuit in case they were above me or on the reciprocal…

They never manifested, because the radio frequency was shared with another airfield, and they were on final elsewhere. Had I been more tuned in to the French runway number I’d have spotted that.

Runway numbers are important!!

French_cribsheet_pdf

On a similar vein, I flew in to Quiberon last week. On departure the very helpful controller volunteered to change to English when he heard me, though he wasn’t there when I arrived and it was no problem.

TB20 IR(R) 600hrs
EGKA Shoreham, United Kingdom

WX looks good… anyone else interested?

I have to stop in France for the police and to collect a French speaker but most others here can just fly there direct (if they speak French).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, weather can’t get better than this WE, I would love to for Ouessant but will be heading to Paris again, so may catchup in that usual customs stop ;)

You don’t need a translator to fly to Oussant, unless you tell that you have been there no one will notice…

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 Jun 12:06
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I will join you with my folding electrified Brompton !
Booked at Roch Armor Hotel.

Jean
EBST, Belgium
Sign in to add your message