Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2018 Flying vacation - Sweden to Corsica

Thank you for the kind comments.

Caba wrote:

I hope you tried the “Eiskaffee” opposite the Erfurt cathedral
I did not know it was that good, maybe next time. The Eiskaffe Riva on the eastern end of the bridge seems to be popular as well, there was always 10m of queue. I did not have the patience.

Peter wrote:

You are very fortunate to have a wife who does these trips with you
I don’t have a wife, but I travel often with my sister, it’s her on the picture in Figari. This was our first very long flight together, she fell asleep on both legs to and from Corsica, she was not too stressed I guess. I only told her afterwards of the few tricky moments during each flight, no need to worry the passengers for nothing. She’s also pushing me to buy my own faster plane, so we could do such trips more often. Working on that part.

highflyer wrote:

I have been at Figari three times already, each time landing and parking was free
The parking PPR is a high season thing, it’s entirely possible they also have more economical low season procedures, I did not research this fully.

highflyer wrote:

Erfurt/Weimar would be a great place for a fly in
I voted for Erfurt last year when it became Dresden. Where I could not go in the end because of the weather over all of southern Sweden.

Last Edited by Arne at 14 Aug 07:08
ESMK, Sweden

Great trip report. I somehow missed it when you initially posted it. I was to Corsica twice (last time this year in June) and I plan to return – so beautiful landscape, good food, warm sea…

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Great trip report Arne! VFR as well! Kudos!
Done the trip many times my self, great destination!

I PMed you on a related matter. Keep a look out for my message.

All the best!

LSGL (currently) KMMU ESMS ESSB
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message