Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ioannina LGIO Greece

My Ioannina bill was €140: handling 50€, landing fee 13€, passengers fee (2 pax) 24€, customs fee 40€.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It is very good news that finally there is a way to circumnavigate Kerkira.

I leafed through the excellent documentation by AOPA Greece yesterday and I am extremely grateful to AOPA and their supporters there that they keep trying to keep Greek airports open for GA.

However, looking at the procedures and hassle involved, frankly it is a disgrace that something like this is acceptable in an EU country with EASA oversight. The way PPR, Customs fees, e.t.c. sum up and the amount of work involved to actually do a simple GA flight point to point more reminds me of some third world country than what is supposed to be a European Union member state.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The crazy thing is that Kerkira/Corfu is actually a great airport, and a super scenic location. It has just been mismanaged and screwed up by (historically) empire building and (recently) the Fraport takeover of many Greek airports.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter to be honest its not about mismanagement when it comes to FRAPORT. They manage CAT and airport profits pretty damn well since the takeover. The issue is that light GA (but not BusAv) is in lower priority from all the rest.

Last Edited by petakas at 18 Jan 13:11
LGMG Megara, Greece

petakas wrote:

The issue is that light GA (but not BusAv) is in lower priority from all the rest.

That is putting it mildly. I’d rather suggest they actively do not want light GA and are trying to price them out / hassle them out.

The issue is that light GA (but not BusAv) is in lower priority from all the rest.

Low priority but with high prices.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hi Petakas,
Just to let you know I have down loaded the 23 page document on flying in Greece, packed full of useful info
Many thanks again

OAP (Old Aged Pilot)
EGHQ Newquay

Ioannina LGIO commenced JETA1 and AVGAS supply.

Fuel contact person there: Mr Spiros Xeras
Mobile : +306948603506
Email: [email protected]
Tel. nr: +3026510 33498

LGMG Megara, Greece

Great news. Finally a way around Kerkyra.

This deserves a thread of its own.
With the advent of expensive Fraport Kerkyra (Corfu) LGKR, Ioannina LGIO has become the preferred and recommended port of entry/exit in Greece since it has fuel, does not have excessive fees, has ample parking space and is “along the way” from North to South coming from Europe.

More details at www.aopa.gr/Info paragraph 2.

The local tourism community has been very active in promoting it as a General Aviation friendly airport along with local tourism incentives.

For this reason I start this thread by including 5 promotional guides they have circulated for General Aviation pilots.

I post them with their filenames and the respective download links they provided.

Ioannina Guide
Ioannina Leaflet
Ioannina Presentation
IRHA Hotels
Why IOA

Last Edited by petakas at 29 Aug 19:55
LGMG Megara, Greece
Sign in to add your message