Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ioannina LGIO Greece

I paid about 50 last year for the TB20, but that was refuel only.

It had to be more than that because they charge €40 for customs/immigration. Or maybe police was already there and you avoided charge. Or I mixed it with some other Greece airport

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter, yes, TBM. However, it was the lack of AOPA card rather than weight given as cause for such a bill. Just wanted to warn others.

LPFR, Poland

LGIO has avgas again – here

June 15 to September. Details in notams.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was charged 95 euros for landing and three days parking and handling with Aopa card. Fabulous airfield. No ramp check gestapo. Great service. Very quiet just odd hours.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

I was charged 56 Euro for 1 night parking and handling, for an internal flight within Greece. Excellent service and airport. AOPA Card (which is a must in my eyes in Greece for significant discounts in fees). DA42 at 1900 KG MTOW, crew only.

Last Edited by Eran at 15 Jul 11:32
LLHA, Israel

just back from Greece. Corfu would only give me 4 days parking and we were visiting for 15 days, so used Ioannina and rented a car from there.

The price for landing, 15 days parking etc was only Euro 173, with the AOPA Greece membership. I feel sure they must have made a mistake.

And Jet A was Euro 1.76 a litre, all in.

The only bad thing is our departure coincided with two SAS planes off home, so it was aa bit chaotic – but our new “crew cards” helped greatly.

We stopped in Schwabish Halle EDTY to refuel on the way home and fuel there was about E2.20 all in and the rogues charged me E194 just to land for one hour, refuel and passport check. I used to like this place!

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Buckerfan wrote:

I feel sure they must have made a mistake.

If you don’t mind, provide : Aircraft Type/MTOW, number of pax disembarking and Registration type (European or N’reg).
Did a bus transfer you to terminal ?

LGMG Megara, Greece

Just out of curiosity, how is the registration relevant to charges? Will they now start charging by brand … x for a Cessna, y for a Piper and 10x for a Socata? (sorry @Peter, I couldn‘t resist )

This would be real plus for the airport if the charges were indeed correct.

Last Edited by chflyer at 05 Oct 07:22
LSZK, Switzerland

Petakas

it was in a PA46 Mirage Jetprop. 1.97 tonnes. N Reg. Not a bus, but a tiny Fiat Panda from Skyserv drove us back and forth, though we could have walked it in 2 minutes.

Was just me as PIC and my wife. We recently had crew cards made up which we hang around our necks. Mine says “Pilot” and hers says “Crew”. It seems to help speed things up.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

LGIO is not expensive. Here:

€108 for everything including 3 nights (this includes €44 “customs charge” which is ridiculous since Croatia is in the EU).

TB20, of course

Greece has a long history of charging N-regs a lot more, but it is just the landing fee which is 5x to 10x higher (say €10 instead of €2, IME, Kalymnos, IIRC) and not the big chunk which is the handling. This is why a lot of Greeks left SX-reg to avoid the capital value based annual tax, and instead of going to N they went to Cyprus.

Ioanina is a really nice airport and a really nice city. The other popular place has for many years been Sitia but we got shafted over by Sitia over their “don’t have medical facilities, so no international arrivals” stupid excuse. Basically, LGIO is run by nice people whereas LGST is run by idiots (like 3 policemen studying passports for a flight Sitia to Karpathos)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message