Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip report weekend trip to LFCI

As we couldn’t stay longer last week at the Elba fly-in due of business, we decided to spend this weekend for another trip to the south. This time we decided to go to Albi (LFCI) . A famous little town over the Tarn valley, close to Toulose. It is well know because of the cathedral and the painter Toulouse Lautrec.
We departed early on saturday and went down there from Stuttgart in 2:30 hours. It’sa straight line flight and so also the time back was 2:30 hours.

Blu sky and the alps on the left wing. Christiane was flying and as we departed early enough nearly nobody else was on the radio so we could enjoy the spectacular views.

The Montblanc in the distance.

Landing in Albi was better then in Goodwood. The reace course was activ and we landed in the middle. The advantage of the race for us was, that AFIS was activ and we could do the radio in english. On the “downside”: only 1000 m of runway were available to take care of the crossing racecars.

With the perfect weather we took a boat to visit the town from the riverside. Great views. In front of the second bridge on the left you can see the Mercure Hotel. We stayed there with a stunning view over the water to the cathedral.

We had a relaxed time there and some good food. As there was a concert on the evening I was a little tired.

Have you ever seen fish hunting pigeons? Stay on the bridge over the river and you can see them successfully hunting.

We payed 50€ for 2 days and full service with the Bonanza. Refuelling was possible with the total card on self service.

Back to Germany, the river Rhine

And this tower is a testing tower for elevators in Rottweil.

EDDS , Germany

Nice! Is it more or less mandatory to have a Total or BP card for such trips, or will you get by with a credit card as well?

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

I’ve been in Albi by car and I can certainly recommend for a weekend stay. Quiet and plenty to see : superb cathedral, several nice museums …

LFOU, France

Caba : usually, there is an automatic station total or bp you can use 24/7 with the fuel provider card, or you can pay with credit card but only during the manned hours (indicated on the aip but often modified by notam)

I say « usually », cause lastly, new fuel providers emerged and more and more airports are not bp/total (lastly i have seen la baule / rennes / dinard)
And even some bp / total fields does not offer 24/7 automatic pumps.

Last Edited by jeff64 at 18 Sep 08:08
LFBZ, France
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message