Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

If you use a search expression like

skydemon AND gar

you get several pages of posts on that The conditional (AND or OR) has to be uppercase.

Here ya go

Does anyone know how SD submits GARs? They use EuroFPL for submitting flight plans. The Autorouter submits GARs by email.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think SD uses Carl’s OnlineGAR to do it (at least that’s what someone told me).

Personally I use OnlineGAR directly – it’s a good product and I want to support it as it’s taken all the hassle out of filing these damned things. Now if only we could get rid of the absurd and draconian 12 hour notice period.

Andreas IOM

Has the 24hr GAR PNR requirement for non UK passport holders been removed?

Someone reports that it is not found here.

The usual scenario is e.g. a Russian, no UK passport, with a UK holiday visa.

Administrator

Page 9, arrivals into UK:

Departing from:Non-European Union (EU)
Reporting outcome: Submit a GAR to Border Force
You are requested to submit a GAR at least 24 hoursprior to arrival to Border Force via a Home Office compliant website or the National Coordination Unit (NCU)

EGTR

For non EU arrivals yes, but what about an EU arrival with a non EU citizen?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

For non EU arrivals yes, but what about an EU arrival with a non EU citizen?

I’ve done a couple flights inbound, with passengers with what news websites would qualify as “one of the worst passport in the world” (e.g. Lebanon). I generally filed a few hours in advance (about 4-8 usually), like if with only EU passengers, and while the border force always tends to come in these situations (once with 6 people), they never complained about the delay having been to short for these “special guests”

In connection with this, and assuming you file the GAR form, what is the meaning of Designated Airports nowadays?

I thought the GAR form covers all airfields, including farm strips.

Administrator

Being designated has two significances.

1. There is no minimum period for the notification. (You still need to notify following change a few years ago, but there are no notice periods for designated airfields).
2. You can arrive from or depart to, airfields that are outside the EU.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

That’s interesting. So take Shoreham EGKA.

Last time I checked, it was Designated for Immigration but not Designated for Terrorism. The former corresponds with flights to say Europe generally; the latter corresponds with Ireland, the C.I. and the IOM.

So this appears to suggest that flying from Germany to Shoreham I don’t need to give the 4hrs notice for the inbound GAR. But I still have to give the 12hrs notice for flights to/from say Ireland.

Administrator

Shoreham is NOT designated for immigration, and hasn‘t been in recent years either. Read the GAR guidance document, which is the authoritative source for that.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message