Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

Fenland_Flyer wrote:

I fly all over Europe and the CTA to and from our own grass strip and am well known to Customs and Special Branch with never an issue.

Do the Channel Islands and some other bits of the CTA (or all of it) not require a Certificate of Agreement airfield?

EGLM & EGTN

Graham – not as far as I am aware and I have been doing it for decades with no issues at all. I travel often to Republic of Ireland from home and do the usual GAR and land at a Customs etc. airport in Ireland (used to be Sligo but not sure now, not been this year).

UK, United Kingdom

The CI require a cert of agreement, but not the Republic of Ireland.

That’s because the CI are outside the EU. Therefore customs are required. Normally customs checks aren’t needed between EU countries.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

So from UK to CI no customs but a GAR is required

UK, United Kingdom

I have been emailing the GAR as usual but the last time I did so they asked for the Excel XLSX version instead.

They sent me a blank form which I have saved here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No change to the GAR form notice periods post-brexit – see here

New form issued 21 Dec – see here.

Administrator

No change to the GAR form notice periods – confirmed today.

It looks like the UK is just keeping the wording the same.

Latets GAR instructions local copy

Administrator

So: all non customs and excise designated aerodromes have been covered with an interim CoA. But before flying to any such UK aerodrome, you still need to check with them if they are covered by the interim CoA…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 21 Feb 06:15
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Any non-CoA airport that had past GAR forms in last 5 years is eligible to an “interim CoA” now just matter of putting two stickers & phone numbers around, but yes some would not have gone through that effort, so one has to check…

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Feb 07:46
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Strange new GAR process for UK

Will be flying back to the UK tomorrow, into my strip, therefore clearing customs and immigration by email and online.

Amongst all the myriad forms and procedures that are required these days I filed my GAR using GARonline, as I have done for years.

I then forwarded the confirmation form from GARonline to the relevant Immigration people at Bristol Airport, along with the Immigration Clearance form.

Got an email back requesting me to send them the GAR info by filling in an xl spreadsheet and sending it back.

Has anyone else been required to do this. The xl spreadhseet had a number of errors, strange formatting, and kept causing my Mac to freeze. Is this just normal UK govt software incompetence?

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message