Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Unstable wx

This morning from Split LDSP to Zagreb LDZA at FL180 on tops except one TCU (probably going to FL220 or so) which I avoided visually. On descend moderate icing for 30 min but I was able to get rid of ice with using TKS in high mode – OAT in clouds with icing ranged from -12 to -2 and I was clear of clouds at 4000 ft.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Just a few pictures from my flight yesterday from Kassel EDVK to Sabadell LELL. The pictures were taken at FL180 overhead Germany and Luxembourg entering France.

Last Edited by Stephan_Schwab at 18 Jun 09:21
Frequent travels around Europe

What_next wrote:

Initially, they refused to give us startup clearance because of “all the CBs around and all other training slots have been cancelled already”. First time this has happened to me… I explained to the controller that we had the plan B to cancel IFR and fly home VFR, as outside the precipitation cloud base would permit it. In the end, he cleared us for start-up with the addition of “if this is really what you want to do”.

Is it just me, or do you think that controller over-stepped his authority in refusing to give startup clearance…presumably not because of any airfield constraint, but because he evidently considered the pilot’s decision to be somehow unwise?? Or is this normal in some parts?

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

How do you explain this

and Farnborough show shut down due to a massive TS which contained almost no sferics.

Pic from Nestor

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message