Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

US trip (and engine failure at St Johns)

Didn’t comment until now as to not jinx it like last year. But the annual on the plane is done and everything is working out fine, so after the first part LFHN into the UK for the annual, we’re off on Thursday for the big hop across the pond.
Gamston to Reykjavik, then St Johns, Montreal and into Oshkosh. Later towards florida maybe the Bahamas and back via St Pierre and Miquelon Greenland etc…

Oh and doing a board meeting in LA (via CAT) in the middle in the mean time. Piece of cake. Will try to update while enroute…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Looking forward to your trip report! Fly safely and enjoy it.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

Good luck! Spend some time flying in Iceland! I’ll be probably overtaking you (CAT) on Thursday (London – Keflavik)

Whats the reg to follow you on fr24?
Have a fantastic trip!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Sounds like a great trip, have fun! If you have some free time while in L.A., get in touch.

Snoopy wrote:

Whats the reg to follow you on fr24?

G-PETH

172driver wrote:

Sounds like a great trip, have fun! If you have some free time while in L.A., get in touch.

Afraid it’s going to be the usual in-out job. Coming in commercial on the 24th from Milwaukee (watch dodgers game), board meeting on the 25th and out that evening. Sorry…

Reykjavik – St. John‘s – wow! Tell us about your fuel setup. You have HF?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Reykjavik – St. John‘s – wow! Tell us about your fuel setup. You have HF?

We got the Comanche with the tip tanks which gives us 8,5h of autonomy and the mechanic has just put in the ferry tank on the back seat which brings that up to 12hs – our longest stretch should not be more than 9.
Yes the HF is being installed today while I am finishing up at work for the week.

I’ll take photos

87 Posts
Sign in to add your message