Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

User to user messaging

We’ve had a few problems with corrupt messages and their handling; possibly caused by crappy email clients, but not handled well by our system regardless. We’ve put a fix in which should at least handle it more elegantly, by replacing any invalid characters with question marks. Let me know if, from this point on, you get a message which says “Body corrupted” or anything like it.

Thanks.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

It does not work with Apple Mail, which is not exactly a crappy mail client, but a very good one.

I agree the Apple Mail client is a good one. I did say “possibly”. There are other cases in which it previously wouldn’t work in addition.

Have you tried it since I posted? If not it would be great if you could give it a go and see if it now works.

To be clear, the first email you send always goes ok – it was any replies that were not always processed properly. That’s what should now be fixed.

Administrator

No, the first one (to Jesse, yesterday) did not work. Any the next three too, had to contact him outside EuroGA

Sure, but have you tried it today, since 18:30 UTC?

Administrator

No, not yet – but just replied to your PM!

Hell’s bells. I’ve got your reply, thank you, but it’s not bloomin’ working.

Rather than bore everyone else with this I am going to email you directly. Hope that’s ok!

Administrator

Sure! Whatever you need!

Seems that the private message corruption is still going on, I received today on my gmail account:

The user XXX on EuroGA has sent you the following message:
======== Body was corrupted ========
You can reply to this message and it will be forwarded to XXX on EuroGA. XXX still won’t see your email address, unless you include it in your message. Note for security reasons you cannot send or receive attachments.

Last Edited by ploucandco at 12 May 07:39
Belgium

ploucandco, please ask whoever sent it to you to send exactly the same message again. The reason I’m having trouble tracking this down is that I can’t capture a “faulty” message. Once they’re processed we have no record of them. Right now I’ve switched off delivery, so if someone sends a bad one I can actually look at what’s causing the problem. Thanks.

Administrator
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message