Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Using a company to service a homebuilt aircraft

An annual inspection is as far as I’d like government to intrude into the maintenance of my property.

Sure, as if you have much to say either way in that matter Operating and flying an aircraft is no human right as far as I know. I can purchase and own an Airbus 380 if I want to (and have the money), this does not mean I can operate and fly it any way I chose. Far off topic, but your distrust of your own government is hardly a relevant issue for me.

In the case of ownership there is the trust work-around if you are based in Europe, but in either case US citizenship has nothing to do with it.

For a repairman certificate US citizenship has very much to do with it.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

For a repairman certificate US citizenship has very much to do with it.

Quoting from LeSvings link…

“You must be a U.S. citizen or an individual of a foreign country who has been admitted for permanent residence in the United States.”

That’s pretty clear, isn’t it? “Admitted for permanent residence” means a ‘green card’. Citizenship is not the issue, eligibility for US residence is the issue.

An FAA registered aircraft must be owned by an American entity, meaning a citizen, resident or trust. If that entity is a human being who was the builder of an Experimental aircraft, it can be issued a repairman certificate for that aircraft. However, US legal trusts that by design do not reveal the individual owner, and are only way that non-citizen foreign resident can own an N-registered aircraft, would logically be ineligible because trusts are not human beings who build aircraft.

Which government do you think I distrust? No wise man is the citizen of a single country

Last Edited by Silvaire at 30 Dec 17:20
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message