Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Verona Villafranca

Error admited and 45€ will be refunded. First they issued credit note for next usage of their services but I insisted on refund. Next time I’ll be more careful.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Did you hand them a bag with garbage or some old newspapers or leave it in their van (“Just leave it here, I’ll take care of that!” they usually say)? That’s a frequent trap in many places (not just around the Mediterranean!).

I didn’t give anything to anybody.

I paid it because I didn’t pay attention to right box at invoice – I briefly checked it, saw 45 and thought it’s full amount, signed credit card slip without looking at it and went away. That’s my fault but that’s me – I trust people and I’ve never been screwed for that.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir, you got shafted with the garbage fee. The rest is more or less OK. Landing fees really don’t play a role her (even though I don’t understand the thing about the AOC). Landing and parking fees (which go to the state in Italy) are detailed in their AIP, GEN4.1

Why shafted?
One, because it is nonsense, if you didn’t give them any (so I assume).
Two, because they didn’t quote it.

Why the hell did you pay that?

Please post what they reply to you.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 25 May 14:05
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Garbage 45.00 (I don’t know what is this?)

Did you hand them a bag with garbage or some old newspapers or leave it in their van (“Just leave it here, I’ll take care of that!” they usually say)? That’s a frequent trap in many places (not just around the Mediterranean!).

EDDS - Stuttgart

Emir – I think one can get that from a number of airports.

Half the problem is the totally in-your-face job demarcation practices which airport “management” is full of. The Italians, the Spanish and a few others have just perfected the practice

I have had the same from Prague LKPR, every year I have been there; say the last 3 times I recall. You will never extract from them the full figure even if you TELL them their email has something missing.

Why not scan the invoice and post it, for translation by experts here?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

However, the more annoying requirement in Germany is that all aircraft overflying the airspace of Germany under IFR have to be equipped with a DME, no matter if D-reg or not. A law that is frequently violated but I’m not aware of any cases where pilots got prosecuted.

Sweden has a similar strange rule. BRNAV and DME is required in Sweden only above FL95. I can’t see any use for a separate DME in the enroute phase if you already have RNAV.

Sure, you can apply lower procedural separation minima if aircraft are DME equipped, but all controlled airspace in Sweden is covered by radar and in case there is a failure of the radar system I can’t imagine ATC starting to apply procedural separation based on DME distances. They’d more likely apply emergency vertical separation (e.g. 500 ft).

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Here’s the structure of invoice:
- Landing fee 5.80
- Departure fee 5.80
- Parking fee 0.16
- Commision (to above listed fees related to airport services) 5.95
- Airport stamp duty 2.00
- Garbage 45.00 (I don’t know what is this?)
- Standard handling 32.40

Here’s the offer:
- Landing fee 2.90
- Departure fee 2.90
- Parking fee 0.16
- Commision (to above listed fees related to airport services) 5.95
- Airport stamp duty 2.00
- Standard handling 32.40

Landing and departure fees are doubled because I don’t have AOC (they told me that in advance so no surprise here) but where did this garbage come from? I sent an e-mail requiring clarification.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Does this apply only to D-reg in Germany? Does the A/P have to be two axis?

Yes and yes. If you don’t have that AP, the 2nd crew needs to be at least authorized to perform the radio communication but does not have to be a pilot.

However, the more annoying requirement in Germany is that all aircraft overflying the airspace of Germany under IFR have to be equipped with a DME, no matter if D-reg or not. A law that is frequently violated but I’m not aware of any cases where pilots got prosecuted.

The have a similar regulation as in Germany, i.e. IFR under I-reg. requires two-crew unless you have an (operative) autopilot.

Interesting. Does this apply only to D-reg in Germany? Does the A/P have to be two axis?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The have a similar regulation as in Germany, i.e. IFR under I-reg. requires two-crew unless you have an (operative) autopilot.

So, since they won’t be able to tell if you do have an autopilot, you can always say “this flight legally requires two pilots, so my buddy here sure can’t be a passenger”.

Pax fees are more and more getting a pain in Italy. At some places, they sum up to 20 Euros per person, so a fully ladden six-seater can mean more than 100€ in pax fees alone.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message