Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR flight plans for the Netherlands must go via fax or email (Autorouter won't file VFR for NL)

Many years ago I used homebriefing.com which didn’t have this limitation, except for differential pricing: they charged for FPs outside Austria and Switzerland. It was (is?) a business run by Austrian ATC. They were the first online FP filing facility ever – except possibly for some French Minitel based one.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

denopa wrote:

I have registered on homebriefing.nl, but it’s still not validated my login; I’ve just received the following :
(…)
Since you live abroad, we kindly ask you for the intended use of the account.

I got that too, when I registered in mid-2016. I answered, and 2 hours later the account was active.

ELLX

Peter wrote:

Many years ago I used homebriefing.com

Me too but then I switched to EuroFPL and then to autorouter. I still file sometimes (although very rarely) via EuroFPL just to confirm account is alive. However, my real alternate to autorouter is ForeFlight which I mainly use for georeferenced approach charts and less for flight planning and filing (due to missing fly-by-waypoints feature and generally poorer IFR routing than autorouter).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

My account with lvnl.nl got activated and I’ve filed with that, however I’ve also received the following info from them:

You can file IFR, Z, and Y flight plans wherever you like.
Only VFR flightplans departing the EHAA FIR are to be filed at EHAM ARO.
You can also file VFR plans at EHLE, or at FSC EHAM.
We do have working agreements with Rocket route, Euroflightplan and Airsupport so you can use those for VFR as well.

Getting in at Lelystad coming in IFR was an illustration of how relaxed airways flying is vs VFR: after a 3h flight where all I had to do was change fuel tanks, frequencies and ask for shortcuts, I found myself in a 700 feet circuit busier than White Waltham on a sunny Saturday, in the middle of a wind farm and with noise sensitive areas inches from downwind – I went around twice for spacing, too!

EGTF, LFTF

I thought that was you. Students doing T&Gs completing the Touch and hesitating with the Go seems to be getting more common coupled with poor circuit discipline. Hopefully the CTR and full ATC will help.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

At least, I guess it will then become fully IFR, i.e. with no more daytime restriction? Or will they manage to keep that nonsense restriction in place for the unloved „light GA“?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 31 Jul 06:46
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Full IFR is the plan Effective 7/11/19

But if I understand correctly, it will receive low-cost airlines as well? And the IFR capacity will be limited?

EGTF, LFTF

There is always a downside but for the time being GA is reasonably safe. If Brussels plays difficult and unless they find a way around an environmental problem with Nitrogen Oxide production it may never open at all for loco carriers. Looking back over the years it never fails to amaze me how incompetent and unprofessional the whole planning process has been.

Peter wrote:

Are the Netherlands forcing VFR FP filing via some IFPS-like electronic gateway, and refusing to accept ones arriving via the AFTN?
Well, I’m sending my flightplans always via DFS AIS and it worked everywhere, even from/to the Netherlands. It would be very strange if this won’t work anymore.

You can file IFR, Z, and Y flight plans wherever you like.
Only VFR flightplans departing the EHAA FIR are to be filed at EHAM ARO.
You can also file VFR plans at EHLE, or at FSC EHAM.
Why only departing VFR traffic? This makes no sense to me at all…
Last Edited by Frans at 31 Jul 11:32
Switzerland
Sign in to add your message