Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

No access from public WiFi

That’s an O2 WiFi IP address FWIW.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone has issues described. There is no IP based blocking on EuroGA. I know a certain UK GA site blocked everything outside “western” Europe and the US, due to most spammers coming from outside, but that policy would not work today because only the other day we had the usual fake-passport case from an IP in the UK. I asked why block access from e.g. Czech Rep and the chief mod’s reply was that it is worth it for the reduced hassle.

There is only this but I doubt they do IP blocking.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

One bizzare thing which happens sometimes is ICMP packet blocking and this can break MTU negotiation. It is supposed to be very rare, but the reality is that one fairly often comes across a website which doesn’t load, or runs extremely slowly. A useful check is this.

Some people, who don’t want to be tracked by the National Security Agency access the internet via a VPN. These VPNs are widely marketed. They often break connections too, for reasons unknown but possibly connected to MTU. I have one right here (for experimenting; my internet browsing is nothing special ) which clearly fails for MTU reasons, but it’s not obvious why.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message