Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PDF files can now be uploaded

I just received an interesting paper about icing prevention / deicing but it’s a PDF and I don’t have a link to it. How do I post that?

I have to upload it, so if you email it to me I will do it and send you the URL.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

OK, I’ll email it now.

PDF files can now be uploaded

This is in addition to the Jpeg etc image formats which we have previously supported.

You still use the

button although a PDF is not an image Or you can use drag/drop.

So, if you see some PDF somewhere online, especially AIP etc PDFs which always vanish after 28 days or less, you are encouraged to drop the PDF in for the benefit of others. I used to do it manually but it takes time and I could not do it with just my phone.

Administrator

Much appreciated!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

This is just a reminder to all.

I spend a lot of my admin time uploading PDFs to which people post links. Especially AIP PDFs which are guaranteed to be useless at most a few weeks later. But also some PDFs are highly valuable long-term e.g. some concession statement on some obscure regulation…

What I don’t do is upload huge PDFs, say more than a few MB. This is because server space costs money, and the next package increment would double the hosting costs, from $60 to $120 per month

Administrator
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message