Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to get more Classified (Marketplace) adverts on EuroGA, and how to make them work better?

The most important part is, that it’s a system based on success.. and honesty of the sellers.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Every advert system is based on honesty. It’s like internet dating. You have to do a diligent prebuy

There is a guy selling a GTN750 with a pic of a GNS530, and a spelling mistake in the word “Florida”.

Basically stuff which sells is stuff people want to buy. If you advertise a Skymap 2, it won’t sell, even for €1. Over ~15 years, I have sold hundreds of items on Ebay, worth probably into 5 figures. Same story there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Isn’t Barnstormers largely a US-audience site?

Yes, it is, a lot of European people look at it too. I have a TSIO-520 core, PA32R undercarriage/cowlings and a Soloy 206 project to sell. I think my chances of getting a customer for those is best on Barnstormers. I’ll put them up in lots of places all the same. Things like the SR22 or the 177RG I think will probably end up selling off a lead from Planecheck.

mh wrote:

I had no lead through planecheck, but four serious via aircraft24 and two serious ones from segelflug.de

Good info. I’ll update my ads on those sites.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Everybody ignores the ads section on EuroGA, so it will not produce the results for those advertising…

EDLE, Netherlands

???

Administrator

AeroPlus wrote:

Everybody ignores the ads section on EuroGA, so it will not produce the results for those advertising…

I wouldn’t say that, but for me at least it is an issue that you don’t get a notification when a new ad appears.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 03 Mar 18:24
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Excellent idea!

Administrator

I’ve just added a Garrecht VT-2000 transponder into the Classifieds area.

I wonder how many users get notified about this, or actually view the add. A simple counter ‘viewed x times’ would be a nice feedback for the seller.

A weekly newsletter if there are new items would also work, many other websites do that.

LRIA, Romania

The changes on the home page should make the Marketplace more visible.

The cost of advertising an aircraft is now €25.

Thank you for the tips so far

I wonder how many users get notified about this, or actually view the add. A simple counter ‘viewed x times’ would be a nice feedback for the seller.

This is not currently possible because all the adverts are presented as one HTML page.

I will look into a re-structure of the whole function in the future. Maybe there is a ready made module? It needs to be done carefully because forums (which are mostly written/hacked in PHP) are constantly getting hacked. EuroGA has resisted this so far, and this kind of facility is the obvious place to start.

Administrator

When I come on EuroGA I go straight to “Active Threads”. If it is not there I will not read it…. and unless I missed something nothing from the “Market Place” is published there.
Not sure I am representative of the users but that’s my contribution anyway

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium
Sign in to add your message