Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to get more Classified (Marketplace) adverts on EuroGA, and how to make them work better?

That’s an excellent point. We know from audience stats that most people go via Active Threads and probably never see the home page. I will get something done on this.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I only use the recent threads, with the nostickies flag, so I end up having a shortcut and only using the link (the optimizer in me even feels a bit bothered when I use a new computer and I get taken to the home page after logging in, instead of back to the “magic link”).

I would be open to see a notification or something when there is a new classified (since my last visit), but given 99+% of them are likely of not to be of interest (e.g. not owning an aircraft, avionics ads are pretty much useless), it would be nice to have an opt-out per section.

jfw wrote:

When I come on EuroGA I go straight to “Active Threads”. If it is not there I will not read it…. and unless I missed something nothing from the “Market Place” is published there.

+1 The only time I see the main page is when I start a thread.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Same here.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Looking at the Active Threads page, I can see an obvious place to put something IF you are using a fairly wide client, but not if using a tablet or a phone.

Roughly 50% of viewers are using the smaller clients.

Obviously every website has the same problem… you simply can’t present much on a phone.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Obviously every website has the same problem… you simply can’t present much on a phone.

Just put the link Marketplace (the same as on main page) below or above Donate button.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Or have a thread that updates once something changes in the marketplace? That way it will show up both in active and recent threads. Heck, have the adverts be a thread that only you and David can post to / delete from.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Currently the Marketplace is completely automated (no admin action required) and this is how it should be.

All you need is for you (the advertiser) to be “approved” after you sign up (this is nowadays done manually, due to 15-20% of new signups being spammers, and many of them are clever) and this authorises you to post, send PMs, and place adverts.

When you place the advert you get taken to Paypal and they send us a notification that you paid, which automatically makes the advert visible. So we never get any info on how you actually paid; that is how Paypal works.

It’s an interesting suggestion about the “new advert” thread…

Administrator

The Marketplace link is now on every page, including Active Threads

Administrator

Peter wrote:

including Active Threads

That’s great!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message