Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Links opening in a new tab

I’ll tell David to postpone the new software then

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It drives me completely nuts not opening in a new tab.

If one follows a link, that can take you to another half-dozen pages or additional sites. Back-tracking, even if one remembers where one started, is clumsy, and unreliable, and can mean having to login again.

Take a simple example: a posting in Euroga takes you off to another site, and several subsequent links, but you then need to refer to a previous page in Euroga, in the thread where one started. How on earth can you do that? Click back 8 pages and then you can’t remember where you’d got to in the new site?

Question – if one logs into Euroga, and goes surfing off somewhere else, perhaps never to return that day, or week, isn’t there a security problem having logged in and not returning to the site?

A vote would seem reasonable?

Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya

Please read the posts immediately preceeding… and elsewhere on the forum.

New software is being tested, on which this will be configurable for each user.

Administrator

> A vote would seem reasonable?

No need. We’re shortly releasing an update which, amongst other things, allows you to set in your preferences whether links open in a new window/tab or not.

> Question – if one logs into Euroga, and goes surfing off somewhere else, perhaps never to return that day, or week, isn’t there a security problem having logged in and not returning to the site?

Do you trust the other people who have access to your computer? If so then there really isn’t any inherent risk in not logging off. If not then there is a risk, but it’s worth keeping it in perspective even then – after all, what’s the worse that can happen, someone posts as you until you realise and we remove the duff postings; not the end of the world.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Open link in new page is working Really like the new look of the site, quite slick!
Thanks a lot David and Peter for the hard work…

We seem to have lost this again – was working fine with links opening in an new tab :(

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I’ve just looked at your account settings and the “new tab” setting is DISABLED.

Administrator

Thanks Peter – bizarre as I haven’t changed anything

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
48 Posts
Sign in to add your message