Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Highlight quote not working on mobile

That worked. Thanks!

LPFR, Poland

Can anyone with IOS 13.2.3 (the very latest) reproduce this?

Basically, when you swipe some text, the Quote button does not appear.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It doesn’t appear and it never has on my iPhone.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Never has on my Android phone either. Android 9 ?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I never seen it on any of my Android devices (phone or tablet) either.

To do a quote I just type the bq. in front of it (with blank lines above and below, to form a standalone paragraph as usual).

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Can anyone with IOS 13.2.3 (the very latest) reproduce this?

13.3 seems to be latest as of today. Confirm the quote button doesn’t appear.

LPFR, Poland

My knowledge of HTML etc is minimal but I am sure this must be a javascript issue, because the server has no way of knowing that some text on the client device has been swiped (highlighted). So the popup of the Quote button must be implemented at the client.

But if javascript is not running, surely all sorts of other stuff will break also? Years ago I ran a plug-in called No-Script which blocked javascript and it was just a big hassle because most websites became unusable.

It has also never (for me) worked on Android. I run two devices, one v5 and one v6, and neither shows the button, although they both have the current version of Chrome.

Administrator

Can anyone with an Iphone try highlighting the text to be quoted and then clicking next to it, rather than on it?

Administrator

Random quote test.
Peter wrote:

although they both have the current version of Chrome.

It now works reliably when highlighting text and clicking next to instead of on it. Same same but different.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I have this problem for a long time, it used to work on my old Samsung Galaxy S4, but no longer on the S8.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
Sign in to add your message