Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Software nostalgia discussion

All Cortex-M architectures such as the one we are using use only Thumb instructions – the full legacy ARM 32 bit instructions that have 16 bit Thumb equivalents are not supported by STM chips. So the compiler/assembler generates the 16 bit Thumb instructions where appropriate and the CPU converts them internally into full 32 bit ARM instructions.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is turning into the weirdest thread on an Aviation forum, that I ever unwillingly kicked off by making a small mistake somewhere else.

A lot of GA pilots are actually software hackers

Administrator

This has to be one of the ultimate software nostalgia projects

Don Eyles is still alive…

Sadly the interviewer is rather clueless if you actually listen to it

Administrator

“Clueless” is not how I would describe CuriousMarc (unless you’re meaning some other interviewer in some other video)

Andreas IOM

From here

I think it means the rank or order of FPL, are you a “soft programmer”?

My guess FPL list start with 1 (ordinal array indexing, “real programmers” start from 0)

0 or 1

Last Edited by Ibra at 24 May 10:16
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

“real programmers” start from 0

Always since the assembler times and continuing to C.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

What I was getting at is where is this reference number supplied to you the user. Presumably if a FP is successfully filed. Not tried it yet.

Only weird univ teaching languages like Pascal start at 1

Administrator

Only weird univ teaching languages like Pascal start at 1

But Delphi (with OO Pascal in the background) was first easy to use Windows application development tool much better than anything else at that time.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes Delphi was good and fast. I did a part of a multizone heating controller with it. In those days people coded with Visual Basic which was very slow on the ~50MHz CPUs of the day, later Real Basic which was compiled but all apps I saw were extremely buggy. RB was apparently designed for the education market, hey ho…

The world of software is really perverted now, especially server-side stuff which most coders hate after the age of about 40 and want to get out of

Administrator
Sign in to add your message