Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GRAMET (merged thread)

The above URL is dead for sure but this is impossible to tell why. You need to post detail of what exactly you are doing. Have you also tried raising a support ticket there?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Went to google and got onto autorouter sent a question to support. Right after tried Gramet again and of course it was working. Perhaps since I pulled auto router from my favorites list it got somehow corrupted.

In any case thanks for helping its working now.

KHTO, LHTL

Sometimes URLs change so old bookmarks no longer work.

Administrator

http://www.ogimet.com/gramet_aero.phtml.en can be used in case of Autorouter problems.

LPFR, Poland

I find the Telegram route to Gramet much easier

EGKB Biggin Hill

The two “gramets” are not the same. The original (OGIMET – Univ of Granada, Spain, AFAIK) gramet is derived from GFS but with some additional processing claimed. The Autorouter gramet is GFS but AFAIK without additional processing, or perhaps with different processing. Accordingly, the two don’t show the same thing even though they both start off by plotting the GFS 3D data.

There have been previous suggestions to incorporate the much more accurate ECMWF wx model into the Autorouter gramet but one of the developers said it costs a lot of money to get the data.

I have just merged many “gramet” threads into this one. There is a lot of good discussion and information here.

Administrator

@Timothy
What plane is this? Curious of the windshield wiper.

always learning
LO__, Austria

PA31

EGKB Biggin Hill

I have just got back from my trip to Elba, Brac, Sitia, Karpathos and Kastalarizo, and have yet again found the Autorouter Gramet to be complete fiction. I used up about 6 USG of TKS fluid at FL160 today

I was not relying on the Gramet; they have always been hit and miss but have been even worse for a long time. I wonder if something has gone wrong with the AR code.

Administrator

Did you compare with Ogimet?

LPFR, Poland
Sign in to add your message