Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GRAMET (merged thread)

I would say: when in doubt … don’t go. Tomorrow is another day! It looks like the weather for tomorrow is going to be a lot better. :-)

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 17 May 09:44
EDLE, Netherlands

The Autorouter Gramet now shows an ICON option, although it doesn’t do anything.

On windy.com, ICON is generally much better than GFS, although it has a shorter date range.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

On windy.com, ICON is generally much better than GFS, although it has a shorter date range.

In my experience ICON is the worst of windy’s options.

Last Edited by Emir at 13 Nov 16:23
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

The Autorouter Gramet now shows an ICON option, although it doesn’t do anything.

It is limited to 48h from the model reference date, so about 30 to 36h in the future maximum. E.g. right now, the latest ICON run is reference time 2019-11-13 06:00Z, so you can get an ICON-based gramet up to 2019-11-15 06:00Z. In my understanding, the next update should come in less than an hour and this will push the limit to 2019-11-15 12:00Z.

In the bot, just add “icon” as the first parameter to the command.

ELLX

Gramet V Autorouter

Looking at the weather depictions on these two websites they are dramatically different Most of the time (for the same flight,) I was wondering which is the most accurate, and why they are different.
Which site do most of you use.
Thanks.

I believe it’s just different graphics because AFAIK they use same data source – GFS.

Last Edited by Emir at 07 Jul 16:47
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Which gramet url is being used?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Autorouter now offer GFS or ICON (global and eu).

always learning
LO__, Austria

So is GFS on autoroute the best and most accurate (for Europe)?

In EU, choose ICON

Flying Finn living in Switzerland.
LSZL LOcarno, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message