Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Please add your country and licence

I notice again and again how many posters have not provided their country and license in their account profile. Of cause that’s their choice, and could be seen as a matter of privacy. But more then often some bits of information they have posted can only be understood if the reader can put it into context, and he knows a little more about “where the poster is coming from”. If you see this please check your profile and reconsider your options !!

AJ
Germany

Yes this is very true. However this has been requested many times… search

For a year or two we have required the country to be specified for new join-ups to be approved to post.

People do however need to be careful to not identify themselves too closely because CAA staff must be expected to routinely browse the forum and browse peoples’ profiles.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Updated !

Jean
EBST, Belgium

AJ wrote:

I notice again and again how many posters have not provided their country and license in their account profile. Of cause that’s their choice, and could be seen as a matter of privacy. But more then often some bits of information they have posted can only be understood if the reader can put it into context, and he knows a little more about “where the poster is coming from”. If you see this please check your profile and reconsider your options !!

Base airport is also nice thing to see – we sometimes want to ask (or send private message to) people that are based on some airport.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It has just been discovered that the code I thought was added to make a selection of a country mandatory on signup was in fact never there

Instead there is a notice in bold text that the country selection is mandatory, and it seems to work most of the time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message