Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Software for removing clipping in audio

That’s not bad at all. I will also try the lowpass filter since indeed the “square” tops must contain a lot of high harmonics.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Does anyone know if there is a setting like “sidetone” in the KX radio, for the returned audio level applicable when PTT is pressed?

As I wrote above, the clipping is ok when just talking. It is talking to ATC that is getting clipped on the way to the headset socket(s).

I have tried the lowpass suggested but there is a significant loss of clarity. Maybe there is a rolloff setting which works ok… but it would be best to avoid this to start with.

I also get the impression that the issue is much worse during flight than on the ground, which suggests that some sort of auto squelch is taking place and is pushing the signal further into saturation. Maybe @mark might have an idea; this is a PS7000 intercom from year 2000 or so.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

None of our intercoms or audio panels have any trip level associated with aircraft radios or switched inputs. So the good news here is that if it is a PS Engineering product, it is not causing the clipping.

The IntelliVox(automatic VOX) is for our intercom function only.

Hope this helps.

- Mark

PS Engineering, Inc.
KTYS Knoxville, TN
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message