Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aviation Accidents app

Fellow pilot and software developer here. I’ve recently completed an app called Aviation Accidents for the iPhone/iPad that lets you conveniently browse/search/read the NTSB database and reports from the UK, Canada, Australia and Germany. It also sends you notifications when new reports are released, so you won’t miss any.

Thought this might be interesting to those of you, who read accident reports regularly. For me personally, it’s an important part of staying current.

Check out the website at www.accidents.app for more information. Or just search the App Store for “aviation accidents”. There’s a 7-day free trial, then it’s around $10 per year (varies slightly depending on the country).

If you had a chance to try it out, please let me know what you think! You can post here for questions or contact me directly at [email protected].

Thanks to Peter for allowing me to post here!

Miklos

Thank you, I’ll try it!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Installed on the mini-iPad and activated.
(The first accident that shows on the welcome page happened at a place called Corona, in January this year!)

My iPad2 is too old for this app, it says.

The layout seems quite attractive, and the functionality straightforward. I am looking forward to use it.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

It’s not an app to help you have an aircraft accident?

@huv, Corona Municipal is a nice little airport in a town of that name east of Los Angeles, with Aircraft Spruce HQ close enough that they send a shuttle bus to get you. It was once a hotbed of Luscombe activity although I think now most of Luscombe guys there have aged out. I haven’t been there for a while. The name translates to crown in English so it’s not an unusual place etc name in places where Spanish is widely spoken.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 18 Sep 01:24
Installed on the mini-iPad and activated
(The first accident that shows on the welcome page happened at a place called Corona, in January this year!)

Thanks @huv for installing the app! The Corona city name in the screenshot is indeed a complete coincidence, that’s what showed up first when I created the promotional material back in February. Nobody thought back than that this word will be part of our everyday’s life for the coming years…

My iPad2 is too old for this app, it says.

Unfortunately, the latest iOS you can install on your iPad2 is 9.3.5 and the app requires at least iOS 12.0.

The layout seems quite attractive, and the functionality straightforward. I am looking forward to use it.

Thanks for the positive feedback, much appreciated. Please contact me any time if you have questions!

For airliner accidents, I’d recommend the Aviation Herald App. It is available for ios as well as Android. Apart from having a few nice functions, it also supports the work of the Herald, which is particularly important in these times of economic downturn in the airline industry.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message