Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Strange formatting in Firefox

Since about mid last week, the site displays very weird formatting in Firefox (Max OSX). Did you guys change something on the back end ?? It works normally in Safari.

Nope, not that I recall.

I don't use Firefox generally, so if it's something subtle I might miss it but nothing obvious is wrong right now and I am posting this from Firefox.

Post a screenshot?

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

FF on Windoze (23.0.1) is OK.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Screenshot sent to Peter.

Got the screenshot. Looks to me like it's not loading or parsing the full stylesheet.

Click each one of the following URLs and let me know if there are any errors reported when you do:

Administrator

For me, they both come up as a load of text i.e. a text file.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

First one comes up as a page full of text, the second one produces an error 'page not found'

That's the problem then, it's not loading both stylesheets.

Do you have another browser on your computer? If so could you try those links in that? We need to try to determine if it's something about the browser, your computer or your connection to the internet.

Also, could you tell me precisely which version of Firefox you're using, and on what Operating System so that I can try to recreate it - obviously I won't be able to if it's your computer or connection, but if it's the browser I might.

Administrator

Have you tried to clear the FF cache or do a forced reload? (Shift+reload to do a forced update) I've had that issue on rare occasions on other websites and a forced update usually solves it.

David, I tried it now in Safari and it works. Seems it's an issue with FF on my machine (Mac OS 10.7.5), FF 23.0.1. Latest version. I did have a 'hung' FF last week and it started to play up thereafter, albeit only with the Euroga website, all other sites work normally.

12 Posts
Sign in to add your message