Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

War in Ukraine : Rocket Route Support limited

Bad news :

I am surprised they don’t have a backup server, etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s not their servers but their people which are based there it seems.

EGTF, LFTF

They offer terrific service.

I use RR for all my European FPLs. One time in two there is a problem validating the route. A quick call gets you connected to someone in Ukraine who invariably sorts out the problem in an hour or so and sends back a valid route. I havent tried calling since the Russian invasion. God knows what the RR team is going through.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

I just called and managed to get the COO and founder Uwe Nitsche.

He is currently in Poland doing crisis management and told me that they have managed to get their team to one of the western cities of Ukraine, close to the Polish border. Amazingly the RR support team in Ukraine are still working but “sometimes they have to put a call on hold and head for the bomb shelter”. What f***ing courage.

The only Ukrainians I have ever interacted with are his team there. I suggested he set up a support fund to help his team. I would happily contribute.

Buckerfan wrote:

I suggested he set up a support fund to help his team. I would happily contribute.

There is a support fund for the Ukrainian armed forces. Maybe better spent than for RR support team at the moment??

Germany

Is that the one run by the National Bank of Ukraine? https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsionalniy-bank-vidkriv-spetsrahunok-dlya-zboru-koshtiv-na-potrebi-armiyi

I like giving as close to the beneficiaries as possible, hence the idea of Rocket Route as I know the support would get to the actual people who help me. I am pretty cynical about most big charities.

7 Posts
Sign in to add your message