Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Site Improvements (merged)

I noticed that when editing a post and pressing Send, the screen often does not refresh to show the edited content. Once you reload the page, it's there.

David,

I think the list feature is not working right. I don't see the bullets. Tried all different kind of list markup, the dash does not seem to work at all and the others don't show bullets.

• Does
  • This
  • Show
  • Bullets

?

It does for me.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Now it seems to work but not in the preview.

• test
  • list

Many thanks for reporting these things, everyone

Reminder to self: we ought to add the above icon into the text processor here. I used an external image link for it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don't intend to enhance the preview function because very soon it'll be replaced, as will the editor in which you enter your posts. It'll still be markdown based, but will add new features.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

I wonder if it would be possible, or anyone else favours this, but could the banner, including the links to 'Home'; 'Articles'; 'Flying' etc be created as a frame so they are always visible in the page? This would enable easier navigating to different sections?

Can't work out how to incorporate quotes into a message. Everybody else seems to manage. :-( Could someone please explain to this thicko - in words of one syllable :-) TIA

Example: Message #05 by David 16/10/12 19:06

EGLM

If you mean quoting bits of somebody else's post, there is the button called Quotes.

Just copy/paste the required text (which must not contain blank lines) into your post, highlight it by swiping the cursor over it, and press the Quotes button.

The result is this

Just copy/paste the required text (which must not contain blank lines) into your post, highlight it by swiping the cursor over it, and press the Quotes button.

(All that does is it puts the > character in front of the text, so you don't really need the Quotes button at all).

If you need to quote a piece of text which contains blank lines, then you need to do each paragraph separately. This is partly a result of the text processor here and partly intentional to discourage people doing what they do on other sites which is quoting 100 lines of another post, 90 of them irrelevant, with embedded pictures, etc, etc, and with one line of their own underneath

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hmm, I wonder.

Thanks, Peter. What confused me was that the Preview merely shows the > but not the formated final article.

EGLM
Sign in to add your message