Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Site Improvements (merged)

Maybe a WIKI-like section would be useful? So we could have articles like say „Flying in the UK“ or any other country. One of us would have to take the time to write a first version, of course, but then all members could contribute if the rules change or what ever.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

I am thinking rather in terms of improvements to the functionality.

For example someone mentioned being able to click on an avatar pic and see the full size version. However, this one has two issues: most people have not uploaded an avatar (which is a pity since their pic doesn’t show up in the home page banners). And probably most of those who have, have uploaded only a small size file, so there isn’t much to magnify.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter, it is still not possible, at least on Chrome, to select text and then right click → Search google….

EKRK, Denmark

I think that is because of the auto-quote feature. So a proposal would be whether this should be selectable in one’s preferences?

I wonder how many people even know this exists?

Administrator

This came up before and some solutions appear in that thread.

I will put a per-user disabling the auto quote feature on the list.

Administrator

I quite like the “like” button available on some sites.

It shows when widespread appreciation and approval of a particular point, suggestion, or course of action has been made.

Egnm, United Kingdom

There seems to be no need for sticky threads on the active threads for logged in users.

For logged in users, it would be nice if the active threads view just worked as this link: https://euroga.org/forums/recent-threads?nostickies=1

Accident Section

I think it would be nice to get a dedicated accident section in the forum.

The threads should be strictly for discussing accidents and named using the same syntax, eg
DATE REG COUNTRY FREE TEXT.

That way, even if an accident report takes years to be published, it’s easy to add the report to a (undiluted) thread and browse the section for optimum lessons learned info, unless finding a thread in the depth of the forum.

What do you think?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Accident Section

Good idea, there is similar section on a popular German forum and it is really helpfull to keep a tab for the purposes on knowledge dissemination. There might however be few people who find it not in good taste to have a dedicated section to this. Nevertheless considering how this forum participants update years old topic diligently, it seems a right way to go.

Germany

Great idea.

It is always the case that some people don’t want to discuss accidents (“wait for the official report” etc) but these discussions are a huge learning experience, especially as most GA accident reports are somewhere between speculative and completely inconclusive, and tend to come out long after almost everybody has forgotten about the event.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message