Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The contact page doesn't seem to work at the moment

10 Posts

Whoops, sorry. Fixed now.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Nor today, hence my using this means of communication.

Yesterday the normal comment system seemed constipated & only overcome by copying my hard produced reply to notepad then trying again this a.m. Now another glitch is there to frustrate on. When replying and then opting to revir=ew it the bottom of the review on mu p.c. is covered by a 1 1/2 inch black advertisement for the DSC's web firm. O.K. so what ? £Well one can't scroll down to access the send button, nor scroll up to try again. So far the only solution is to copy off somewhere the re-boot the forum and bung off the reply without rec=viewing as that does keeep the send button in view ? Or is it just me ?

mike hallam. p.s It's just done it again !!!!!!!!!!

Fixed.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you,

It must be

a headache

debugging what

I assume is a

ready to go

package.

Well let's see how it goes ....

Sorry, on my p.c with Win XP, preview still places the bulk of it below the 1" deep solid black advert with no way of scrolling it away. Editing my blups on the first couple of visible lines also failed ? As mentioned before, I needed to copy this message and re-access the web page then dump it into the post box unedited except of course for re-reading it and adding this little billet doux.

mike hallam.

Thanks for the feedback Mike. It might not be just you but certainly what you describe doesn't happen for me nor most other users. Can you tell me what browser version you're using so we can try to recreate your problem.

This software is newly written and customised heavily for this forum, hence some teething issues.

Administrator

Thank you,

I'm pretty old fashioned & use Win XP SP2 with Internet Explorer, not sure now which version but according to the properties data box is :

XP with IE Version 8.0.6001.18702

mike hallam.

BTW. The text on a solid black band across the bottom of the visble screen as I write is :

Built By DSC With Kit the Community and Content Management System

Disclaimer: This is a publicly accessible system. The views and opinions of originators and contributors expressed on this site are their own.

Mike - can you do a screenshot and email it?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mike, that footer text, on the black background, should be there. However, it shouldn't overlay anything else. When you click Preview Post your post should be shown immediately beneath the box you're typing in, above the "Submit" and "Preview Post" buttons. The text on the footer should effectively move down to make space for the extra height created by pressing the Preview Post button. If that's not happening then something is clearly wrong. I've tried it in Internet Explorer version 8 and I can't recreate what you're seeing. As Peter said, if you can send a screenshot that might help us figure it out.

Failing all else, is there any chance you can install Google Chrome - generally it's a far better browser than Internet Explorer version 8 and works well even on older computers. It's what we use for building the site, so whilst we test in most common browsers you're like to get the best experience in Chrome.

Here is a link to download Chrome:

Administrator

Testing reply

test

test

and let's try preview post, ,,,,, Same problem with IE & sending screen print. [Actually I prefer OE & IE rather than Chrome].

mike

10 Posts
Sign in to add your message