Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Try out the new version of EuroGA

Report button is far to dominant for me – maybe make it blue like the others. It is distracting. Also too much whitespace. Font weight also makes it hard to read on nexus7/Chrome. A little too light.

Last Edited by JasonC at 15 Sep 21:40
EGTK Oxford

Hi David,

I also use FF almost exclusively.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 16 Sep 05:37
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Thanks.

The thing about Peter being the only one using Firefox was a joke – he uses it and he uses euroga a lot. Firefox is definitely on the “it must work on that one” list. We usually aim for things to work and look great on anything with over 5% usage share and that clearly includes Firefox on here.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Hi

It lools like it has gone live now. Observations from me on a work PC using IE8.

1: The ‘report’ and ‘bookmark’ buttons are not visible and there are one or sometimes two small squares. In fact all of the button images have no icon.
2: In the overview page, the thread started column shows a username of “unknown”
3: The upload images function doesnt work
4: I have this link favorited – http://www.euroga.org/forums/recent-threads , and each time I open a thread I have partly viewed before, it always goes back to message #1, and not the last one I viewed.

Caveat. I am on a work PC in London, going through a German proxy, and quite possibly some restrictive policies maybe blocking some kind of code / content, or maybe IE8 is just to ‘old’ these days and cant render the code. I am sure when I look at home on a more modern browser / unrestricted policy, it will be fine.

Onservations from iPad air

1: The buttons are fine
2: Two users are still ‘unknown’ (landing on a highway…. and why do those…)
3: I havent tried uploading an image, but superb idea :-)
4: The portrait view with the avatars below each post is very annoying IMHO. Firstly it takes pads out the size of each message block massively meaning more scrolling and secondly, some people have no avators, or faces or pictures I have seen many times are arent of any real interest being put in such a in your face position. Landscape mode however is fine, but should I feel obliged to now have to view this site only in landscape mode, and all others in portrait?

Last Edited by PiperArcher at 16 Sep 08:04

Countless people use winXP still and ie8 is the last M$ option there.

But FF is the better choice for XP.

I like FF for many reasons, one of which is the high degree of config and many plugins. It has bugs but all browsers have lots of bugs.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Good morning,

so far I have no bugs to report, but a complaint: on my iPad 2 (pre-retina-display) the new font looks awful and is totally unergonomic to read, no fun at all. A bit like a printout from an inkjet printer with blocked ink nozzles.

Regards
Max

EDDS - Stuttgart

The font now looks ok on my Android phone.
I’m adding some screen shots on how the site used to look on my phone and how the new site looks.

I would like the “read new” button to be larger. And I think that each post item takes up too much vertical space. Maybe you could put the time and date of a post next to the name of the poster and not on a new line?

How the site used to look on my Android phone before the upgrade:

This is also a screen shot from the old site. This is how it looked when you scrolled down a little.

And this is how the new site looks on my Android phone:

And how it looks when I scroll down a little:

ESTL

1: The ‘report’ and ‘bookmark’ buttons are not visible and there are one or sometimes two small squares. In fact all of the button images have no icon.

This is a consequence of using IE8. We’ve made a tweak to try to get it to work. Hit refresh and let me know?

2: In the overview page, the thread started column shows a username of “unknown”

That’s a bug. It’ll be fixed.

3: The upload images function doesnt work

It works for most people I believe. This might be an IE8 thing. As a workaround, if you click the Upload Image button and then the button to choose files from your filesystem, does that work? In other words, is it just drag n’ drop that doesn’t work?

4: I have this link favorited – http://www.euroga.org/forums/recent-threads , and each time I open a thread I have partly viewed before, it always goes back to message #1, and not the last one I viewed.

That is expected. You can bookmark it to go back to the one you bookmarked, or you can click to read new ones since you last visited that thread. Technically, we don’t know where you’ve viewed to.

Caveat. I am on a work PC in London, going through a German proxy, and quite possibly some restrictive policies maybe blocking some kind of code / content, or maybe IE8 is just to ‘old’ these days and cant render the code. I am sure when I look at home on a more modern browser / unrestricted policy, it will be fine.

Thanks. Some of it is IE8 certainly – doubt it’s the proxy. As I said elsewhere, IE8 is a tiny percentage, but we’d like to get it to a point where the functionality works, even if it doesn’t look completely perfect.

2: Two users are still ‘unknown’ (landing on a highway…. and why do those…)

This is as above and will be fixed.

4: The portrait view with the avatars below each post is very annoying IMHO. Firstly it takes pads out the size of each message block massively meaning more scrolling and secondly, some people have no avators, or faces or pictures I have seen many times are arent of any real interest being put in such a in your face position. Landscape mode however is fine, but should I feel obliged to now have to view this site only in landscape mode, and all others in portrait?

You’re not obliged to do anything! There is some work to be done on making them take up (much) less space. It’s not the highest priority until the bugs have been ironed out, but once they have been it’ll be addressed.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Administrator

Countless people use winXP still and ie8 is the last M$ option there.

Depends on your definition of countless! On here it’s less than 5% and again, I imagine you make up a good proportion (though not all, obviously) of that!.

Administrator

so far I have no bugs to report, but a complaint: on my iPad 2 (pre-retina-display) the new font looks awful and is totally unergonomic to read, no fun at all. A bit like a printout from an inkjet printer with blocked ink nozzles.

We’ve got one of those somewhere (actually I think it’s a 3, but it’s non-retina), so I’ll take a look.

The font had actually reverted from the last testing site to the live one – it’s now set back to what was intended. Does it look better for you?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message