Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Email notifications of new posts to a thread

But does it inform you of new postings (by email)?

Affirm ;-)

Well, I must be missing something, as I'm not getting notifications. In other words, I'm watching this thread, but not emails.

Maybe Peter's flying and not caught up with the notifications..... ;)

Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya

Not flying in today's wx
EGKK 201550Z 18005KT 150V220 9999 -RA BKN006 10/09 Q0998
but will get the notifications checked.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great, thanks, David.

(Come on, Peter, you can manage a 5kt x-wind.....)

Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya

It would be fine flying wx if I was based at an airport with an ILS

Administrator

Better tomorrow :-)

EGLM & EGTN

You can watch a thread by clicking the Watch icon.

You have to be logged in at that point, so the system knows who is doing the watching – the button doesn’t even appear if you’re not logged in.

Then if you’re not actively reading it and someone posts you’ll get a notification a few minutes later.

You’ll only get one, even if lots of new posts are added, until you’ve been back and viewed the thread.

This means that if somebody logs in to make a posting, and then they log out and remain logged out, they will get just one notification and no more – because the system has no way of knowing when they have been back to read the posts represented by the notification.

So if you are not getting the notifications, it’s probably because you are not logging in

Administrator

Will clicking on the email notification take you to the correct follow on post from the last one read, or will it simply direct you to the end of the thread?

Egnm, United Kingdom

Will clicking on the email notification take you to the correct follow on post from the last one read, or will it simply direct you to the end of the thread?

The former, provided you’re logged in.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

You’re right, it does!

Egnm, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message