Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

JeppTC on Android - device must not be rooted

here

Is there any way around this? I do like the phone to be rooted because it enables some very useful apps to run on it.

Also, from the above description, is it likely to work at all on a 5" Samsung S6 phone (v5 OS)?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If I click on the link, it says it’s “not compatable with any of your devices”. (I got my S6 yesterday0.

If I look for it in the store, it doen’t show up.

Not sure if that’s an incompatability with the S6, with Android Lollipop, or just not available in the Irish store.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Linked to screen size? It does not run on an iPhone, only iPad & iPad mini

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I guess it won’t let you see it because you are logged in, with your device type

The app is old

but normally, I find, on my 8.4" Android tablet I can download an app from the store using the store app on the tablet, regardless of whether the app actually works on that OS version So one ends up downloading 10 apps and 1 of them works…

To be clear: this is purely the original terminal charts viewer, not the JeppFD which is that plus a moving map app.

Administrator

I haven’t used JeppTC for years but have noticed that it is now dead. It looks like they are moving to JeppFD totally, while presumably carrying on with Jeppview on the PC.

Administrator

Really? I upgraded mine 2 days ago still works.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Administrator
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message