Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Old bizjet posts / other bizjet stuff

GA_Pete wrote:

Somewhere there will be a Jet-Jockey with a similar deal but I’ve never met one.

pal of mine used to fly a rather large but underused jet based mid east. underused to the point where the crew had to go fly just to stay current.

he got news that his home in the PAC region had received damage and he was needed there pronto. Went to the owner to tell him he needed time off, was told, why don’t you take the jet there, might as well do some needed currency flying for the crew…. I think he misses that job… the jet got retired a few years ago and he with it.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I happen to fly for a big bizjet operator, which has its advantages compared to flying for an owner. I love it, but it is what you make of it. If the rest of the family doesn’t support it, this job can be hell. It can be a lot of stress, but the amount of experience gained is really great.

LEBL, Spain

It would be great to hear some detail from a bizjet pilot how they do flight planning, filing, etc.

Do they use an agency (Jeppesen used to be popular) to do everything? I know some use Rocketroute for all route planning, handling requests etc.

I used to know a German bizjet pilot / TB20 owner who used a company which produced the “routepack” for €35. This included the Eurocontrol route generation.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

GA_Pete wrote:

the Biz-Jet jockey job is closely aligned with the superyacht crew job

I fear the bizjet crew are one or two rungs below the yacht crew, definitely blue collar heavy machine operator status for the flight crew. The flight crew tend to be older, uglier which may be a reason.

Rocket Route seems to be the main planning app, and is very good.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It would be great to hear some detail from a bizjet pilot how they do flight planning, filing, etc.

Do they use an agency (Jeppesen used to be popular) to do everything? I know some use Rocketroute for all route planning, handling requests etc.

I used to know a German bizjet pilot / TB20 owner who used a company which produced the “routepack” for €35. This included the Eurocontrol route generation.

Hi Peter,
Depending on the operation we are on.
I’m flying different planes Mustang, PC12, and Legacy’s
For my client I’m beta testing an app like rocket route for planning filling and briefing pack. Regarding handling request e-mail is working fine.
Some operator I’m working freelance have monthly subscription with flight planning/operations company.

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message