Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bug in "Read New"

When clicking on "Read New" for a thread and the new comments happen to be on a new page, it takes me to the top of the previous page.

Example: I have read all comments on a discussion. Then somebody posts another comment which is shown on a new page because the current page is full. If I click "Read New", I will not see the top of the new page but the top of the previous page instead.

Thanks for the feedback. We are very close to releasing an update of the site software, which most noticeably includes an improved post editor, so as part of that we'll address this too.

It's trickier than it first looks, because the number of threads on a page can be different for different users, moderators can see deleted threads and these come out in flow of the other threads (so for you a given thread might be on page 1, but for me it would be on page 2 because you can't see a spam thread I deleted), some people have most recent first and some have oldest first, etc. Clearly nothing impossible, it's just a bit more complicated than it might seem. Anyway, enough excuses, we'll get on it!

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message