Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New EuroGA Meet-Ups section

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Cool. But it looks like there are no other ways to get in there. No menu items/links….

EKRK, Denmark

It is admin-editable only i.e. David or myself.

If someone participating on EuroGA is organising a meet-up, start a thread under Trips in the usual way and let me know. I normally keep an eye on the forum but not always.

We will see how this goes and what people think. It is intended as a useful summary of what is coming up, which can be found in one obvious place.

Presently we have no discussion areas for a meet-up other than the thread in the Trips section. That works fine, and in the last year or so we have been using the Telegram messaging app to create a group on which details get discussed and which people can use to generally keep in touch while they hang out at the place. That has worked really well.

As always, any feedback is appreciated

No menu items/links

Could you be more specific?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

No menu items/links

Could you be more specific?

What Michael_J meant is that (unless we missed it) there is no other way to access that page than using the direct link http://www.euroga.org/meetups
Might be useful to add a link in the header of the website.

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Ah yes that is planned

BTW one can have HTML links in the free text. I have just edited the Ostend fly-in to contain a URL to the wiki.

Administrator

I also like the idea but I miss something: the option to “watch” the section. In all other sections we have the “watch” button to be informed about new threads but not here. Is it planned to add such an option?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

What would also be nice is the option to notify your presence at an event. It would simplify the know how many will come…

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

An excellent idea. Should make meet-ups a lot easier.

Propman
Nuthampstead , United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message