Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Country Profile Drop Down

@Peter

I was just updating my profile so as to be compliant with the GDPR. In the process, I was also trying to update my country, but was unable to. Whilst I used to be based at EGTK/Oxford, I’m now in the US. The list of based countries is (somewhat sensibly) only the EU countries, but that doesn’t really help the few North Americans (Silvaire, Adam Frisch, pilotDAR, NCYankee, etc) who are in the US/Canada. Is it possible to expand the list of possible countries? Or should we just list our home airport and hope people are smart enough to figure it out from there?

United States

Adding “Outside Europe” as an option sounds like an effective solution.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

This was a mistake. I’ve updated the country list. It now has the same list it had before (the European list), but under that it has a more full list of countries of the world.

Out of interest @redRover in what way were you making it “compliant with the GDPR”? Nothing I’m aware of in the GDPR requires you to update your information.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

@David wrote:

Out of interest redRover in what way were you making it “compliant with the GDPR”? Nothing I’m aware of in the GDPR requires you to update your information.

That was poorly phrased on my part. What I meant was that I was checking the tick box to receive emails after GDPR goes into effect.

Thanks for updating the drop-down list!

Last Edited by redRover at 04 Apr 17:18
United States

While you’re at it, can you add Isle of Man as a country? You’ve got Channel Islands listed, so I’m feeling left out :-)

(Might not be sovereign, but the Isle of Man is essentially a separate country, including having to fill out a bloody GAR form, having the M aircraft registry, our own ANO, and not being in the EU nor in EASA). We call these “Miss Isle of Man” lists (there are also “Miss Isle of Man” maps, which disturbingly included at one point the map of the British Isles that showed up on the Isle of Man Steam Packet company’s safety videos!!)

Last Edited by alioth at 10 Apr 09:04
Andreas IOM
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message