Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Weekend 21/22 June 2014 Elba LIRJ

Peter, your photo looks like a Jetprop and a Meridian. Or is that the angle?

EGTK Oxford

I had the same thought but the paint on the right plane must have been redone so it looks like a Meridian. There is this big red plug in the air intake below the prop that is a clear sign for the Jetprop raim air intake.

Last Edited by Sebastian_G at 26 Jun 21:34
www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian, you (And Peter) are right. Doesn’t look like the typical Jetprop long nose.

EGTK Oxford

We always turn left after takeoff for ELB VOR as IFR pickup point:

Turning further left from ELB VOR following the airway, one flies over Portferraio with the ferry harbour:

EDDS - Stuttgart

RH Jetprop

LH Jetprop

No question – both are Jetprops.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is another shot of the other Jetprop

Administrator

That paint scheme does a good job of masking the ugly nose of the Jetprop.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 27 Jun 14:43
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The long nose of the Jetprop, and the obvious prop strike vulnerability, is what I find to be the Jetprop’s two main “minus” features. Apart from that, it is a superb machine for European IFR, in a number of ways (e.g. 1999kg).

Administrator

Is the nose actually any longer on the Jetprop than on the Meridian? I wouldn’t know…
I was merely referring to the ugly air intake of the Jeptrop. The Meridian looks much more pleasant in this regard…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Bosco, yes, the Jetprop retains half of the nose baggage compartment of the Mirage and due to the smaller engine, needs to have it further forward for CofG. They also need the compartment for the fuel header tank which helps the fuel temp issues they would have otherwise.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message