Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What endoscope / borescope / USB camera do you use?

Spirit if you get it wanna pass it along to me? PM of course.

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 03 Oct 17:00
KHTO, LHTL

Nothing yet.

@Ted.P : We would love to read that article if you dont mind.
Then we can discuss this Boroscope/Endoscope to death afterwards ;)

spirit49
LOIH

You cannot send anything but plain text via the PM system. It does say that next to the text entry box, but lots of people miss it, and it’s easy to not realise it when replying to the email which you get in your email Inbox. AFAIK the PM system is now totally reliable, limited only by peoples’ spam filters dumping the emails. For big stuff, dropbox is a good system.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I bought the Boroscope and tested it out briefly yesterday before having to head off to work again.

Here are some pictures of my lowest comp cylinder #4(67/80):

And some video of a Core engine I have. New cylinder but with some rust on the walls:
“Low time cylinder with rust”:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25193667/Film%20fra%2023.10.15%20kl.%2010.28.mov

And filming through the Oil filler to see the camshaft:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25193667/Oil%20filler%20scope.mov

Last Edited by spirit49 at 24 Oct 11:42
spirit49
LOIH

Excellent ! Huge value at just $150 !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

@spirit49,

where did you order the borescope?
I found it on amazon, but it does not ship to Germany…

Thanks!

EDFM, Germany

@dkbe

I ordered it on Amazon and picked it up when on vacation there.

Shame they don’t ship to Europe.
Great piece of equipment. Going to use it to inspect the forward ribs on the tail of my P210 this week.
Engine pictures pretty awesome:

spirit49
LOIH

They don’t ship outside the US at all :-(
Will try to figure out something…
Thanks for the hint!

EDFM, Germany

Can you share the Amazon link? The one I found is not really a HD device, looking at the specs, and I want to be sure I’m looking at the correct device:
– Sensor: high-quality CMOS sensor. Still Image Resolution: 640×480 pixels (Format: JPG). Video Resolution: 640×480 pixels (Format: AVI, Frame Rate: 30FPS)

The one I found is here: ViVidia AbleScope VA-400 USB

Darn, these Amazon links are ugly…

There also seems to be a very similar version with a flexible neck: ViVidia AbleScope VA-800 USB Flexible Inspection Camera Borescope – costs $350, but perhaps might work better? That is a question, so anyone with an opinion, pitch in!

Last Edited by tmo at 01 Nov 13:18
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I thought the first link is the one @spirit49 tested, right?
So, as it can be pushed into the cylinder and then turn by 180 degrees, it shoots these nice pics…

It looks like in general these Vividia borescopes do not ship outside the US easily.

EDFM, Germany
Sign in to add your message