Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What endoscope / borescope / USB camera do you use?

I believe the first link I posted is the device mentioned, but the first post had “HD” in the device name, to me HD implies 1920×1080, or at worst 1280×720, not 640×480, hence my request for clarification.

@dkbe – I sent you a PM, if you did not get it, send me one.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I bought this one:
ViVidia AbleScope VA-400 USB Rigid Borescope

[pic inserted in case link goes dead]

Last Edited by spirit49 at 01 Nov 16:04
spirit49
LOIH

Darn, these Amazon links are ugly…

A working Amazon link ends with the 8-character product reference e.g.

Everything after that is nonsense, or possibly an Amazon Associate link for commission to whoever owns the website where you found it.

Speaking of borescopes, I have bought one Amazon one which was about €300, with its own LCD, and it is completely useless for engine inspection – basically because it is not capable of illuminating the surface being examined. It was OK for checking the internals of the TB20 elevator for the corrosion SB/AD. I am very impressed with the above photo of the valve. I could not get anything remotely as good with mine.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thats what schocked us the most on the first test of this boroscope. We thought the pictures were taken on cylinders that was removed and sunshine shinning through the bore.

spirit49
LOIH

Can anyone recommend a borescope / boroscope / endoscope which actually works, not just in daylight but also using its built-in illumination?

Over a year ago I bought a 200 quid one on Amazon (a pretend-German company which was actually a chinese outfit called Topbestsource Technology Ltd) which proved to be completely useless. It kind of worked but if you turned on its internal light, you could not see anything. And most of the time you do need the illuminator feature.

A friend works on Airbuses and the ones they use cost 10k, but they do work.

I need it for stuff like checking cylinders (so need a 90 degree mirror) and checking the TB elevator for corrosion.

Administrator

How about the one mentioned in this thread?

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Being rigid, I am not sure it will be any good for either of those two uses, but as always I am willing to be educated

I did a search beforehand and found multiple threads.

Administrator

I have the one mentioned above : ViVidia AbleScope VA-400 USB Rigid Borescope Endoscope with 180 Degree Articulating 8.5mm Diameter Probe

It’s perfect for the job: has good light, the head can look back at the valves, easy to use and takes videos as well as photos. For about $150 it’s the best bang for the buck out there.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Another vote for the Ablescope VA-400 USB. I got mine last week and its really good.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

and another one – Cam this time

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland
Sign in to add your message