Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What discourages European pilots from flying to the UK?

@a_Kraut: You probably know http://fliegen-in-uk.de/ ?

The topic of PPR in the UK is covered here.

P.S. Your profile is empty..

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Sure I know your site. As excellent as the one covering Italy. Add MCR01 Club and EDWQ and you can’t miss me at PuF.

@Peter: I perceived differences in style and scope between forums, but that’s fine with me. If in Rome, do as the Romans do, so I don’t have an issue with PPR. It’s UK style and that’s fine. Every aviation community has their idiosyncrasy. Go ask a german aviation group about manned towers, “Flugleiter” and aerodrome opening hours and you will have enough comments to read for a month.

Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

I think the “UK PPR” thing is nothing like as hard as PNR/PPR at a lot of other places – because in the UK they all speak English. And if you want to fly to really private sites, they are PPR for a reason (they are operating under the radar under the 28 day rule which they have to do for at least 10 years) and in most cases they are not open to general visitors anyway. I often joke that to get into a lot of farm strips, your grandfather must have fought in the Boer War with the owner’s one

The bit about the empty profile is just that a lot of people won’t respond to posts whose writer has an empty profile, not least because it is hard to get the right context. I am hoping to get the signup changed so that it says something along these lines.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter wrote:

I often joke that to get into a lot of farm strips, your grandfather must have fought in the Boer War with the owner’s one

Well OK, but even if your grandad missed Spion Kop, nobody at Glenswinton will rush out with a scattergun to shoo you away.

But if you happen to be a descendant of the RFC officer who sold or traded his Webley-Fosbery semiautomatic revolver to the GSO2 who devised the evacuation of 2nd Aus Div from Anzac, you might not get away in a hurry…

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
104 Posts
Sign in to add your message