Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What endoscope / borescope / USB camera do you use?

As a pretty monogamic forum crawler I have no idea whether it is ethical or whether I will get sued or whatever bad may come from cross-posting things from another forum but maybe this can be of value: https://www.rotax-owner.com/en/general-tech-discussion/10220-recommended-borescope

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Talking borescopes, my quite expensive Vividia VA-880 dissolved its lenses lately when it got attracted to a small pool of fuel left in the tank I was inspecting… doh.

Replacement is this VEVOR Articulating Borescope. The price value ratio is IMHO excellent.

PS
It’s 6.4mm head makes it perfect for checking on those eventual cracks in the RVs HS

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Savvy in the US have done this borescope usage video which many here should find interesting

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Update: just got an S23 phone and the Finder borescope (above) works fine with it.

Administrator

IO390 wrote:

nice valves!!

Nicest thing anyone’s said to me in a long time – thanks!

I’ll have to look more closely, taking into account Dan’s feedback, but I have to admit I did pick one of my nicer photos.

I look forward to the day when I no longer have to burn any 100LL – I use mogas or UL91 when I can, but it’s often hard to get when traveling.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

There is a bit of assymetry on the exhaust valve above but really minimal. That valve looks way better than mine do!

See in the valve pictures thread for more pics. Better to post any there.

Administrator

IO390 wrote:

nice valves!!

kindly allow me to disagree… the exhaust valve does not show a uniform color on its circumference, e.g. the 2-4 o’clock orange/amber seems more marked than say the region in opposition. Either it’s due to position and/or lighting of the borescope, or it could be the forerunner of a problem… but nothing dramatic yet

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

@eurogaguest1980 nice valves!!

United Kingdom

After the Vividia failed, I bought recently the Hiacinto Endoscope Camera with Light, 360° Two-Way Rotatable Endoscope Camera with 8.5 mm Inspection Camera, on Amazone Germany. Didn’t check it out yet but it seems better constructed then the Vividia. No more messing around with add on phones, tablets etc…! AS Peter mentioned they are all rebranded chinees stuff…

Last Edited by Vref at 03 Nov 08:55
EBST

I think it’s a great initiative to try to standardize the borescope pictures. I take pictures inside my engine during every condition inspection, but I’m not really that consistent with all the angles. After two failed vividia borescopes, I’ve now got the aforementioned Teslong, and it seems fine. It’s only 1280×720 but good enough to see if the valves are burning symmetrically or not.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland
112 Posts
Sign in to add your message