Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to get N2 tank filled

Any ideas in the UK. For tyres to avoid the ridiculous charges from maintenance organisations.

EGTK Oxford

A diving shop that services Nitrox?

LFPT, LFPN

Buy a cylinder?

You can buy argon cylinders. No rental.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What is the reason you require N2 for your tyres, this is usually a heavy aircraft requirement.

Because they are supposed to be filled with N2.

Thanks. A dive shop sounds like the best option.

Last Edited by JasonC at 11 Dec 21:20
EGTK Oxford

Divers get the bends because of N2. So diving, if not done with regular air, is done with gas mixtures that reduce the amount of N2, not increase it.

Normal air is about 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen and some trace amounts of other stuff. To get rid of the excessive proportion of nitrogen, regular air is blended with pure oxygen to create nitrox, or blended with pure oxygen and pure helium to create trimix.

For this reason I’d be very, very surprised if any dive shop can supply you with pure nitrogen. It’s simply not their market because no diver would be looking to increase the nitrogen content in his breathing gas. Pure oxygen, yes. Pure helium, maybe. But nitrogen, no.

My bad. I made a shortcut from nitrox to nitrogen… :-( Total brain fart.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 11 Dec 22:18
LFPT, LFPN

OK it’s for a jet, I was thinking it was a bit over the top for most GA aircraft.

We have N2 for topping up shock struts and hydraulic accumulators, what is the type of tank you want charged ? what type of adaptor does it have ?

Not sure what type of adaptor it is. An aircraftspruce n2 tank for aviation. Picture attached.

Last Edited by JasonC at 12 Dec 23:25
EGTK Oxford

when I used to be uk based we always got N2 at work for tires we used BOC

http://www.boconline.co.uk/en/industries/manufacturing/automotive/tyre-inflation/tyre-inflation.html

we also used a diy copper tube wih adaptor to unfill from the 200ltr cyl to a 5 ltr cyl

that maybe an option for you if you need at a regular basis to topup ur N2 tank

as far as I remember it used to be cheaper to buy a 200ltr cyl in just pay for the refill than pay a monthly rent with BOC

fly2000
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message