Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to meet up in 2016?

I think Elba has shut

They did publish schedules for airline service for the upcoming winter season, so they have some bit of blood throbbing in their veins at least. Though of course the www is even more supportive than paper – it never validates what it gets written. Not really reassuring that the page title translates to “summer flights” but that must be ascribed to the local poetry, I reckon.

http://www.elbaisland-airport.it/en/passengers-info/orario-voli-estivi/

Last Edited by at 11 Nov 19:24
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Peter at No. 88
I must have been asleep June 24 !! – didn’t know EuroGA had done that Annecy trip. However, I did go with the PPL IR Europe people to Mannheim / Heidelberg earlier in the month.
Think, however, I still fancy Annecy sometime.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

When someone fancies doing a meet-up somewhere, they post it in this section.

But I don’t normally do a mailing for the ad-hoc ones. I could, but I get the feeling many would find it irritating. Any views on that? In any case, nowadays I email only those who logged on within the past year or so.

The mailings get done for the two “big ones” which have in the past been May and September.

Actually we ought to think about a backup date. I suggest two weeks later.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not mentioned yet, but really nice to fly to:
Calvi (France/Corse)
Troyes (France)
Alghero (Italy/Sardegna)
All the cities are worth a visit. Troyes is more central, the both places on the islands offer some beachtime too.

EDDS , Germany

Calvi was the big EuroGA fly-in in Sept 2014. That was very good. We had a bit of “fun” with French fuellers going on strike so almost everybody had to refuel on the way there (or back), and the condition of the apron was disgraceful. But the place itself was great.

I think southern France has a lot of potential, along with Elba. Italy has limited avgas availability especially in the south. In the north you have Genoa, Albenga, Lucca and a few others. I went to Lucca 1 year ago but there is just the old walled city (some nice classy Italian shopping) and not much outside.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

When someone fancies doing a meet-up somewhere, they post it in this section.

No prob Peter – my fault for not watching “Trips & Airports”
Maybe Annecy was ad-hoc in anycase.

Just a thought – could members be e-mailed ‘automatically’ on the start (only) of ANY new thread in whatever section. Like a ‘heads-up’.

ould members be e-mailed ‘automatically’ on the start (only) of ANY new thread in whatever section

Interesting… I wonder how many would like it / find it annoying?

Also not all new threads are “informative” or lead to such, and sometimes (rarely) we get spam which stays until I see it and remove it.

Administrator

I would hate that. I get too many eMails anyway … It Is very easy to click “Active Threads” and to see what’s going on.
Actually I don’t like to get ANY newsletters form websites and that stuff. I delete it all, and I have no time to read newsletters. Also I communicate via mobile device a lot and prefer to get only real eMails.

Flyer59 wrote:

I would hate that. I get too many eMails anyway

Fully understand pros and cons. I’ve retired and get lonely

Introduce the facility with ‘default off’

QED

A suggestion would be to have a main website heading titled “Euro GA Fly in Dates”. I have been trawling pages of this thread trying to find the dates…still havent so what are they?

In this section, you can list dates (and backup dates) so people can put these in their diary far in advance which is very helpful.

You could also have “Ad Hoc Fly ins” as a subsection where members could post and people could register.

It would be great if you clicked on an “event” and could see who was going.

EGKB Biggin Hill London
Sign in to add your message