Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to meet up in 2016?

Peter wrote:

There is only Lognes – grass

@Peter, I do not know where you get your information from. Lognes LFPL has 700 m paved runway. But it does not have any instrument approach. As has been posted on another thread within the last 12-18 months, you can do an approach at Melun or Bourget and procede VFR to Lognes.

LFPT, LFPN

I am always happy to be corrected especially where the result is positive

So, yes, let’s do Paris sometime.

There is a list of VRPs which seem relatively prescriptive. I think I have these on my GPS however.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Problem solved

Lunch in the beautiful Paris

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

For German speakers: all about the Paris area airports / airfields here.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Count me in for a daytrip to Lognes.

tomjnx wrote:

If it’s reachable by less than a direct 7h flight, it must be no good for a EuroGA meetup

Well, that depends on the aircraft you fly

EDLE

boscomantico wrote:

For German speakers: all about the Paris area airports / airfields

That is a very nice round-up of the fields around Paris, @boscomantico. The only thing that surprised me is that you included Enghien but do not mention Les Mureaux LFXU which is open to the public AFAIK.

LFPT, LFPN

I didn’t mention Les Mureaux because

1. it’s not really walkable from the field to the next train station
2. it is “FR-only” which is discouraging for most non-French pilots

Enghien – despite being “usage restreint” – deserved at least a short remark because in terms of distance, it is really the closest of all airfields to the city center.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Feb 13:43
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I thought Toussus LFPN had Customs/Immigration available on request.
The Visual Approach Charts states this:
Douanes, Police / Customs, Police : HX O/R PN 24 HR FAX : 01 49 92 93 66 E-mail : [email protected]
BGTA TEL : 01 39 56 51 83.

Toussus LFPN is one of the most convenient airport for GA, with IFR/ILS, paved rwy, handling, hangars, etc. It’s located only 20mn away from Paris. Controllers and airport ATC manager (DGAC) are extremely friendly and welcome any additional traffic which can solidify this field vs. local residents campaigns. If you select the field we should involve them in planning for your arrival and getting their advice on amobilizing Customs/Immigration for you.

LFLY, France

Vieke wrote:

A lunch under the Eiffel Tower, in the City of Light, who offers for everybody something nice.

There is no restaurant under the Eiffel Tower. However, within walking distance from Trocadero’s terraces which offer the best tower view, there is the legendary Aéroclub de France, oldest such club world-wide (founded in 1898). We could host a EuroGA meeting within one of its historical reception rooms and have a lunch or diner in the club’s restaurant.
Photos taken this morning:

If you like aviation or technology museums, Paris features a very nice Air & Space Museum (in Le Bourget, easy access with RER train) and a world famous technology and industry museum: musée des Arts et Métiers.
And of course all the other museums for which the city is famous.

Last Edited by Nestor at 03 Feb 21:09
LFLY, France

Such a famous historical place looks very attractive, thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, whatever enthusiasm came up with me was immediately cured by the pricing on the menu chart. Not unexpected of course in a first-rate metropolis; but I’d rather have a small picturesque town with a grass runway nearby, and mugs of beer with a dish of solid farm style stew. For reasons both of budget and of cozy “ambiance”.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
Sign in to add your message