Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to meet up in 2016?

Let’s stop trying to talk the British out of Le Touquet.

For a British pilot it is as British as Chicken Tikka Masala.

EGTK Oxford

I thought Toussus LFPN had Customs/Immigration available on request.

Well, that’s another recent change. That airport was definitely not accessible for several years.

Let’s stop trying to talk the British out of Le Touquet.

It’s not so much about the location and food (both of which are good) but more about meeting up with nice people BTW I cannot eat curry…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

At the risk of sounding like a brokem record: one has to study the NOTAMs before making statements about customs/immigrations facilities at airports in general and in particular at the Paris area airports.

But even then, these French NOTAMs are sometimes misleading, as we saw here.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Feb 22:22
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

Unfortunately, whatever enthusiasm came up with me was immediately cured by the pricing on the menu chart. Not unexpected of course in a first-rate metropolis; but I’d rather have a small picturesque town with a grass runway nearby, and mugs of beer with a dish of solid farm style stew. For reasons both of budget and of cozy “ambiance”.

I can assure you that this restaurant is good value for money for Paris (or London or New-York etc). Lodging is also expensive in these capital cities.
Flying is expensive anyway…

LFLY, France

Yes. Actually I did find the pricing more moderate than expected, at a place where it could never be cheap. Perhaps this place is a bit like the famous clubs in London? There is a “Maison des Ailes” in my own capitale, too, but I never went there, neither would I know if they offer any meals.

And of course, as so often, “to each their own”. " A chacun leur petit plaisir". And yes, at animal airport, flying is expensive to all the animals; yet it is more expensive to some than to some others

But please give me one good reason to pay as much for a starter ( “décollage”, nice poetry! ) at this place as would buy me a three-course dinner, drinks and pousse-café included, in – to name but one place – Hodovice, with the LKHD runway within walking distance of a picturesque village square, without needing an expensive taxi, either.

Last Edited by at 03 Feb 21:51
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

Yes. Actually I did find the pricing more moderate than expected, at a place where it could never be cheap. Perhaps this place is a bit like the famous clubs in London?

That’s precisely it, except there’s only one such place in the world. When it all happened, the place to be in aviation was Paris. Guess where the Wright brothers came first and started serial production ?
The place is a bit expensive and you could find restaurants in Paris with similar food at, maybe 10-15% less, but certainly not with this decorum and exclusive theme.
Check the club’s catering/restaurant website.

LFLY, France

Nestor wrote:

I thought Toussus LFPN had Customs/Immigration available on request.
The Visual Approach Charts states this:

Check NOTAM

LFPT, LFPN

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

But please give me one good reason to pay as much for a starter ( “décollage”, nice poetry! ) at this place as would buy me a three-course dinner, drinks and pousse-café included, in – to name but one place – Hodovice, with the LKHD runway within walking distance of a picturesque village square, without needing an expensive taxi, either.

The charm and our company?

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Is anyone interested in April 15/16/17?

Scilly Isles?

Zell am See / Kaprun?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

DA40 will be on 200 hrs maintenance… Could try the DA42…

Last Edited by Aviathor at 05 Apr 16:31
LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message