Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to meet up in 2016?

French are here !

Lyon Saint Exupery is not GA welcome. Must go to Lyon Bron closer to the city center.

If you never been, Toulouse Blagnac is GA welcome and a great city to visit. Airbus organise visit of the A380 assembly line.
LFBO has everything Peter request for Fly-in: huge runway, Approaches, 24/7, avgas and Jet A1.

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Bonjour Romain. Toulouse Blagnac with Airbus visit sounds good.
Do you know Axel-Stephane Smørgrav ? Think flys out of Pontoise.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Romain wrote:

LFBO has everything … avgas

Are you sure about AVGAS? The french AIP says Jet A1 only.

Romain wrote:

Airbus organise visit of the A380 assembly line

I have to say I found that visit rather boring, nobody could be seen in the whole assembly hall, which prompted to tour guide to say that contrary to what it looks like the french weren’t on strike. Also, non EU citizens have to book the ticket several working days in advance (presumably so they can make a background check on you)

Looks like the A380 isn’t exactly a hot seller…

LSZK, Switzerland

Didn’t use AVGAS for a while. As I can see also in the AIP, no AVGAS…

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I second that the Airbus visit is boring. Huge halls where nobody is working on aircraft that are not being built. They should move the visitor program to the A350 production which is buzzing (and occupying the A380 hangar as storage). The A380 is a failed program. Too bad they built their shiny visitor center right next to the A380 production and the A350 is a few kilometers away…

The area around Tarbes is nice and Lourdes is definitely worth a visit.

Lyon Bron allows for quick hops to Courchevel. If enough altiport rated pilots participate, it could be quite an adventure.

tomjnx wrote:

LFBO has everything … avgas

Are you sure about AVGAS? The french AIP says Jet A1 only.

They had AVGAS last time I went there. Compulsory handling though. Somewhat expensive outside normal working hours including Sundays and holidays.

LFPT, LFPN

I like Annecy better than Lyon; I am not likely to be able to come on a private jolly, but I visit Annecy a few times a year.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Of course if you guys want to go to Tarbes, I will work things out…You can count on me.

This is the birth place for my babies!

We also have a very nice setting in Le Touquet with the new hangars and deck that are perfect for a party…I know the location might not be the most exotic but at least it is practical.

Cheers

David

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

This is the birth place for my babies!

David, can you organise a raffle with a TBM as the prize?

It doesn’t have to be a new one. It could be something really low-end like a 700 C2 with 1800hrs left on the motor (3600hr mod assumed… I mean, a man has to know his limitations)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter, if EuroGA as a group (May 2016) don’t fancy Tarbes, what about asking David Fabry for a ‘special’ EuroGA factory visit to TBM Daher at Tarbes ?

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message